GUIDELINES FOR VISA APPLICANTS
- All visitors to Ghana must be in possession of a valid passport or legal travel documents.
- All visitors entering Ghana must have valid entry visas or in the case of Commonwealth nationals, entry permits, issued by a Ghana diplomatic mission or consulate abroad or any other visa issuing authority mandated by the Ghana Government to act on its behalf. (ECOWAS nationals and those of other countries with which the Government of Ghana has specific bilateral agreements, are exempted).
- The visa may be granted for single or multiple entry.
- Please note that applicants may be interviewed.
- The visa grants entry into Ghana within the stipulated time frame. Please note that the period of permitted stay in Ghana will be endorsed by Ghana Immigration at the point of entry. Applicants are therefore advised to contact the Ghana Immigration Service if their stay will extend beyond the endorsed period of permitted stay.
08:30am – 12:30pm for submission of applications
2:00pm – 3:30pm for collection of applications
The Visa section is closed on Fridays and on all Public holidays in Ghana and Italy.
Multiple entry visa endorsed for six (6) months, for example, means the applicant is granted unlimited entries into Ghana within six months of the date of issue of the visa. It does not entitle the applicant to enter and remain in Ghana for six months. On each entry into Ghana, the period of permitted stay in Ghana will be endorsed by Ghana Immigration at the point of entry, usually sixty (60) days.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VISA APPLICANTS
- The visa form must be completed IN CAPITAL LETTERS and submitted together with one (1) recent passport-sized picture not later than three months before the date of application. Only one (1) application form is required.
- Should be of Italian nationality or be officially resident in Italy or any of the countries of concurrent accreditation.
- Passport should be valid for at least six (6) months and must have at least two (2) blank pages opposite each other.
- Should submit the following:
b) Fully completed application form in CAPITAL LETTERS in English
c) One recent passport size photograph (taken not more than three (3) months prior to application) and showing full face of applicant, without a hat, cap and sunglasses.
d) A photocopy of international certificate of vaccination for Yellow Fever.
e) A photocopy of the return ticket or a flight confirmation print-out from an acknowledged Travel Agency
f) Photocopy of the biodata page of applicant’s passport.
g) Photocopy of Italian resident permit / resident permit for any of the countries of concurrent accreditation
h) Hotel reservation or an invitation letter (signed and dated) from a friend, business partner or relation in Ghana and a copy of their passport biodata page or national identification card (For Ghanaian nationals) and Resident permit (for Foreign nationals resident in Ghana).
i) Visa fee
In addition to the above requirements, applications for business visas should be submitted with a letter written in English from the applicant's employer guaranteeing his/her stay in Ghana and stating the reasons for the visit. Applicants should also submit a letter from the inviting company, signed and dated and accompanied by a copy of the signatory’s passport biodata page. In addition, copies of the firm’s Certificate of Incorporation and Certificate to Commence Business should be included in the application. Please supply the Names, Addresses, Telephone numbers and Email addresses of the Business Associates and their Companies as references in Ghana. A hotel may be used only as a second reference. The Consular Officer reserves the right to demand a letter of guarantee from business associates in Ghana.
VISITORS / TOURIST VISAS
Visa Applicants for tourist visas are to submit in addition to the above the following documents:
- Invitation letters from their hosts/hostesses in Ghana, including full residential and postal address, telephone numbers and email addresses;
- Photocopy of passport of host/sponsor, and copy of Residence/Work Permit of the host if the host is not a Ghanaian national;
- Attestation from hotel duly signed and stamped by the accredited staff, confirming their reservation (Note: We do not accept unsigned email communication), in addition to personal contact; name, address and telephone number in Ghana in case of emergency.
- Foreigners married to Ghanaians need to bring letters from their spouses, including copies of their valid Ghanaian passports as well as Italian Residence Permits or residence permits from any of the countries of concurrent accreditation.
Should be accompanied by a letter from your College Administrator or your Professor – stating the reasons for your visit and your financial means whilst in Ghana in English. You should provide a Letter of Acceptance from the Institution to which you will be attached to during your practical training in Ghana. Please use the name, address, telephone number and email address of the Institution in Ghana as your reference in Ghana.
Prospective employees may be engaged in employment within the authorized immigrant quota. Applicants must provide evidence of an Employment Contract, and proof of grant of Employment quota in Ghana. Two references are required, one of which should be the company or organisation you will be working for whilst in Ghana.
Applicants applying for a visa for volunteer purposes should have, in addition to all the visa requirements stated above, an official letter from the organisation in Ghana introducing itself, the activities it organises, the activity the intern/volunteer is expected to carry out, the duration and accommodation arrangements. Additionally, the organisation must include a copy of its Registration certificate, Certificate of Incorporation, Certificate to Commerce Business from the Registrar General’s Department and or Certificate of Recognition from the Department of Social Welfare.
VISA BY COURIER
Visa applications by courier will be accepted and processed. It is the responsibility of applicants to make arrangements for the collection of their passports.
VISA APPLICATION FORMS
Application forms can also be obtained directly from the Embassy in Rome or Ghana Honorary Consulates. The forms can also be downloaded from the Embassy’s website.
VISA PROCESSING PERIOD
Visa applications, once received, take three (3) working days to process. Please note that the processing period does not include FRIDAYS and HOLIDAYS.
SPECIAL FEES FOR US CITIZENS (EFFECTIVE 31st DECEMBER 2019)
The following special fees agreed upon between the Governments of Ghana and the United States of America (USA) apply to American passport holders ONLY:
- Single entry three (3) months: US$ 60.00
- Multiple entry five (5) years: US$ 100.00
- Expedited processing of visas is an optional feature that would attract extra fees.